Now that it’s officially fall here in Texas (YAY!), you know what that means! Our inner vampire comes out and we can wear dark, sexy lip colors. I don’t know about y’all, but this excites me immensely. Let’s get to the goods, shall we?
1. Nyx round lipstick in Castle. JUST LOOK AT IT. I’m fairly certain this is a color dupe for the Nars Audacious lipstick in Dominique. Even if it’s not, I’m in love with it. It’s like the “safe for work” version of a vampy lip. Perfection!
2. Milani Color Statement lipstick in Sangria. A matte deep berry/wine shade. Even though it’s matte, I still find it quite creamy, and the color isn’t patchy at all, like some dark colors can be. Not much else to say really… It’s great!
3. Wet n’ Wild Fergie collection “Ferguson Crest Cabernet”. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how pigmented this lipstick was. It was really glossy, but opaque at the same time, so you may need a lip liner, but it won’t dry your lips out! This line also has a black lipstick called Pagan Angel that’s great too.
4. Nyx Simply Vamp crayon “Covet”. This formula must contain a fair amount of silicone, because it’s fully opaque, but light and silky-smooth on the lips. And OMG, the color. It’s like a dark matte wine, but it’s also metallic. WHAT? If ever there was a white girl who could not even, it’s me with this lipstick.
6. Real Colors lip liner “Plumming Around”. You can find this brand at Sally’s Beauty Supply. These liners say waterproof, and they mean it! I had to scrub my lips to get it off! But these lip liners and the waterproof eye liners from this range are AWESOME.
Go forth, my children, and be vampy.